INSTRUCTOR / TEACHER VACANCY IN ELECTRICAL AND INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION FIELDS.
Dob-Bosco KIITEC Institute is a Technical college focused on meeting the needs of the community by providing quality, affordable learning experiences for a diverse student body. The Institute provides a three-years Diploma in various fields.
The Industrial Automation department is seeking a full-time Instructor to provide high-quality Industrial Automation instruction. We are interested in finding a knowledgeable, positive professional role model to tutor our students.
This position serves as a key figure in the educational pattern of the Institute, and related attitude, personality, skill, character, and initiative will determine how well the college fulfills its objectives.
Also, this position the Instructor will be teaching in Electrical and Industrial Automation discipline with a focus on Electrical Systems, PLC Systems, Motors, Controls, Instrumentation and Troubleshooting. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion.
Are you passionate about making an impact and empowering others with life changing opportunities? Is it your time to be the difference? If so, Don-Bosco KIITEC Institute has a great opportunity for you.
Important but not limited responsibilities and duties may include the following:
- Provides instruction in electrical systems, PLC systems, motors, controls, instrumentation and troubleshooting.
- Uses various instructional modalities.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives, assessing accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and providing progress reports as requested and required.
- Implement and maintain curriculum for assigned courses.
- Supervise and advise students.
- Teaches all classes and labs as assigned from NTA Level 4 up to 6;
- Should have a knowledge in Digital Technology.
- Conducts training in related areas for industry partners and general public as needed;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the Dean, supervisors, other departmental, the Advisory Committee, all divisions of the College, prospective employers, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Documents
- BSc Eng or BEng in Electrical Industrial Automation or Electronics and Computer Engineering.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, or closely related field.
- Diploma in Electrical, Industrial Automation or Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.
- Two years Industrial experience has an added advantage.
Full time, position beginning in Mid - October 2022, Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
Requires skills for succeeding in a classroom and/or industrial laboratory setting, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Work is performed in a classroom, lab, and setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with students, and staff in person.
- Complete an online application at email@example.com
- Submit/upload cover letter and a resume.
- Submit/upload 3 references with a minimum of 1 being from a current/past supervisor.
- Deadline of submitting applications – 2nd October 2022.