P.O BOX 3172 ARUSHA, Tanzania
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kiitec.ac.tz
JOB TITLE: Principal
LOCATION: Arusha, Tanzania
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: Teachers, General staff and Students of the Institute
The Principal serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute and provides a clear focus on all matters related to the effective leadership and management of teaching, learning and quality to achieve academic excellence for the Institute.
As KIITEC is growing in Tanzania as a center of excellence in East Africa and is scheduled to be duplicated in other sites, the Principal position will become a key role for our strategy implementation.
The KIITEC Principal shall:
- Manage, and supervise effectively the operation of the Institute in harmony with the vision, mission, values and goals of the Institute
- Supervise the overall financial status of the Institute
- Build strong collaborative links with other academic institutions, stakeholders and donors within and outside Tanzania
- In accordance with the board, develop and implement strategies for making contacts with potential donors for the purposes of securing funding for the Institute
- Work closely with NACTE and ensure that the curriculum provision is current and meets the requirements of NACTE accreditation
- Co-ordinate, monitor, and evaluate target setting to achieve measurable outcomes for quality improvement
- Establish a professional communication with students, parents, staff and sponsors which demonstrates the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards
- Organize and conduct weekly Academic and Management meetings and report the same to the Board
- Keep the Board informed about the activities, needs, successes and the general operation of the Institute by way of weekly reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mandatory management experience
- Financial accounting knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Strong Ethical principles
- Industrial experience/technical knowledge is an added advantage
KIITEC is an NGO training Institute accredited by NACTE providing technical education up to NTA level 6. The Institute offers a 3- year Diploma program in the fields of: Electrical Industrial Automation, Telecommunications, Computer Engineering and Networking.
The Institute also runs short training programs in the areas of Renewable Energy (Solar PV design and installation), CCTV systems Design and Installation, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and many more.
KIITEC is directly funded by the Foundation of Technical Education (FTE- Switzerland) and also supported by the Action for Development Education International (ADEI- France). The Institute also collaborates with a number of International partners such as Schneider Electric (France) and EDF (France). Through this collaboration, it has been possible to offer an up to date and top quality technical education to students.
Applications with supporting documents should be sent by e-mail not later than 30th October 2017 to:
Board of Directors
P O BOX 3172