Duration: 6 Months
DATE: Starts 6th March 2017 – Ends 6th September 2017.
This course aims to provide students with the necessary skills for the entry into the field of electronics. Upon completion of the course, students will have acquired the knowledge of electronics both theory and practical as well as eligible be able to sit for the electronics’ certificate.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to;
- Identify the schematic symbols of several common electronic components, define terms used in electronics and be able to describe their functions.
- Calculate voltage, resistance and current in series, parallel and series-parallel circuits.
- Understand how to use electronic equipment including digital multimeters, soldering equipment and ohmmeters.
- Know how a diode works and how to select a proper diode for replacement in a circuit.
- Know types of capacitors, capacitors in DC and AC circuits as well as their characteristics.
- Know inductors in DC and AC circuits, their characteristics and how they regulate the flow of current.
- Know transformers.
- Acquire the knowledge of the basic types of electronics rectifiers, operation of power supplies and filter circuits.
- Know the operations of transistor amplifiers and determine biasing conditions.
- Know oscillator circuits.
This course targets secondary school graduates